Rome & Assisi Pilgrimage10 days
Rome · Vatican City (Papal Audience with the Holy Father) · Trevi Fountain · Basilica of St. John the Lateran · Holy Stairs · Basilica of St. Mary Major · St. Peter's Basilica · Vatican Museum · Appian Way · Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls · Catacombs · Assisi (St. Francis)
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 4 nights: Giotto, Assisi
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of local guide throughout
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Lunches, Tour escort & Priest on Day 5 & 6. Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Depart for Rome
Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight(s). Your meals will be served on board.
Day 2, Arrival in Rome
Welcome to Rome, also known as, "The Eternal City". Upon arrival at Rome airport, collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the Arrivals Hall, where you will be greeted by a tour escort and/or driver. You will make your way to the bus and transfer to your hotel. Following check-in, you will have free time to unpack and relax, or explore Rome on your own. Your tour escort may suggest places to visit. Later in the afternoon, your group will meet in the hotel lobby for a "Meet and Greet" with your fellow pilgrims and depart for Mass. Following Mass, you will attend a welcome dinner. After dinner, you will have the opportunity to walk to St. Peter's Square as a group, for the Rosary (optional).
Day 3, Rome: Papal Audience - Trevi Fountain – Pantheon - Basilica of St. John the Lateran – Holy Stairs - Basilica of St. Mary Major
This morning we attend the Papal Audience in St. Peter’s Square or at the Audience Hall. The Audience is celebrated each Wednesday by His Holiness, Pope Francis (pending the papal schedule). Next Trevi Fountain area for some free time and lunch (on own). This afternoon, visit the oldest of the four major Basilicas in Rome, the Archbasilica of St. John the Lateran, the cathedral church and seat of the Bishop of Rome. Cross the street to the very steps that lead up to the praetorium of Pontius Pilate in Jerusalem which Jesus climbed on His way to trial during his Passion. Holy Mass will be celebrated by our priest at the Basilica of St. Mary Major, dedicated to Our Blessed Mother. This Basilica contains a relic from the manger of the infant Jesus. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4, Rome: St. Peter's Basilica - Vatican Museum - Appian Way - Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls - Catacombs
Today we tour St. Peter's Basilica, built on the site where St. Peter the Apostle was martyred. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to pray at the tomb of St. John Paul II and view Michelangelo's Pieta sculpture. Next you will visit the Vatican Museum, where you can see the Tapestry Gallery, Raphael Rooms, and Sistine Chapel. After lunch, continue down the Appian Way, one of the earliest roads built in ancient Rome to the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls and the Catacombs. Dinner and overnight in Rome.
Day 5, Rome
This day was designed for those who would like to pray, reflect, and spend more time in Rome. Today you will have full discretion over how your time is spent in order to have the fullest spiritual experience possible. Dinner and overnight. ( no tour escort / Priest today)
Day 6, Rome – Assisi
Following breakfast, transfer from Rome to Assisi. the hometown of St. Francis. Upon arriving check-in to your hotel and relax or explore before enjoying dinner. Retire to your room for a restful night's sleep. ( no tour escort / Priest today)
Day 7, Assisi
After breakfast, you will have full discretion over how time is spent in order to have the fullest spiritual experience possible. This evening meet fellow pilgrims and your Priest. Dinner and overnight.
Day 8, Assisi (St. Francis)
As you visit the birthplace of St. Francis, you will become captivated as the atmosphere has not changed since St. Francis began his ministry, in the early 13th-century. You will start your tour at the St. Francis Basilica, visit his tomb of St. Francis, and have the opportunity to view a series of frescoes depicting his life, along with a few of the saint's possessions. Followed by a visit to the Santuario Della Spogliazione where Blessed Carlo Acutis’ tomb is placed. Carlo is the first millennial to be declared Blessed who loved the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. From there, you will continue on a walking tour through this picturesque town, including the birthplace of St. Francis, and end with a tour of the Church that honors St. Clare, the foundress of the Poor Clare Sisters. This Saint followed the teachings of St. Francis very closely by also living a life of poverty and humility. Enjoy some free time on your own - you may take this time for additional prayer, shop in the many gift shops or enjoy a nice lunch. After lunch, you will board the bus, which will take you outside of the walls of Assisi, to the Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels. This is where St. Francis spent most of life. This Basilica is made up of two structures, both of which you will visit. The first structure, is the "Porziuncola", which is where St. Francis founded his order of the Friar Minor (Franciscans). The second, is the "Capella del Transito", which is the place of St. Francis' death. During your time here, you will have the opportunity to visit the beautiful Rose Garden where St. Francis and other friars lived, as well as the cave where the Saint retired to pray. Return to the hotel for dinner and an overnight.
Day 9, Assisi - Gubbio - La Verna - Assisi
After breakfast, you will drive through the beautiful Umbrian mountains to Gubbio. Enjoy this medieval town with a visit of St. Francis Church, where you will be celebrating Mass. After Mass, visit a town that seems painted onto the hill, a succession of backdrops against which towers and houses stand out, all embraced by walls. The town had been freed by St. Francis from a terrible and fierce wolf who afflicted it. After lunch on your own, continue to La Verna, the place where St. Francis, over the years, had been seven times, the last time in 1224 where he received the stigmata. Here you will be able to pray in the Chapel of the Stigmata, the Basilica and the Chapel of Saint Mary of the Angels. You will also be able to admire the beautiful artworks of Andrea della Robbia. Return to Assisi for dinner and your last overnight.
Day 10, Return Home
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, your group will leave by motor coach and transfer to the Rome Fiumicino airport for return flights home.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.