"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Santiago de Compostela, Fatima, Spain, Lourdes, Paris & Medjugorje20 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- One way flight from Lourdes to Paris or Lyon
- One way flight from Paris to Medjugorje
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 2 nights: San Francisco Hotel Monumento, Santiago De Compostela, Spain
- ~ 2 nights: Santa Maria Jardim, Fatima, Portugal
- ~ 1 night: Abba Fonseca, Salamanca, Spain
- ~ 1 night: Abba Burgos Hotel, Burgos, Spain
- ~ 3 nights: Moderne, Lourdes, France
- ~ 2 nights: Grand Hotel de l'Esperance, Lisieux, France
- ~ 2 nights: The Pullman Paris Centre Bercy, Paris, France
- ~ 4 nights: Modern Pansion/Hotel, Medjugorje ,Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Whisper Headsets
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine and mineral water with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of local guide throughout
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver.
About your trip
About Santiago de Compostela:
The Way of St. James or St. James' Way, often known by its Spanish name, el Camino de Santiago, is the pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain, where the remains of the Apostle, Saint James the Great, are buried. The Way of St James has existed for over one thousand years. It was one of the most important Christian pilgrimages during medieval times, as it was considered one of three pilgrimages on which a plenary indulgence could be earned; the others are the Via Francigena to Rome and the pilgrimage to Jerusalem. St. James' remains were carried by boat from Jerusalem to northern Spain where they were buried at the site of what is now the city of Santiago de Compostela.
The Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima is one of most famous Marian shrines in the world. 4 million Pilgrims visit Fatima each year! Many are drawn by the apparitions of the Virgin Mary to the three local shepherd children, in 1917. The Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to the shepherd children on the 13th day of six consecutive months in 1917, starting on May 13th until October 13th. The events at Fatima gained fame due to their elements of prophecy and eschatology, particularly with regard to possible world war and the conversion of Russia.
Saint Teresa and Saint Ingatius both hailed from Spain. Saint Teresa of Ávila, also called Saint Teresa of Jesus, was a prominent Spanish mystic, Carmelite nun, and writer. Saint Ignatius of Loyola was a Spanish knight who became priest and found the Society of Jesus and became its first Superior General.
She came for you and for every one of us! 6 million Pilgrims go to Lourdes each year and 10,000 visit this holy site daily. At the foot of the Pyrenees mountains in Southwestern France, nestled between the spectacular mountain river, Gave de Pau, is Lourdes, one of the most paramount pilgrimage sites in the World. Lourdes is the birthplace of St. Bernadette, to whom Our Lady appeared to in 1858, near the Grotto of Massabielle. Included in our pilgrimage to Lourdes are visits to the Sanctuary and the Basilica of St. Pius X, the world's largest underground church. Drink from the spring that the Virgin directed Bernadette to do, located at the base of the Grotto, which has flowed uninterrupted since 1858. Wash yourself in the baths, that has resulted in hundreds of miraculous cures. Contemplate Christ's Passion as you pray the unique three-dimensional Stations of the Cross. Attend the Blessing of the Sick, and participate in the nightly candlelight processions requested by Our Lady. Daily Mass, and Mass at the Grotto on Sunday will be followed by a video presentation telling the miraculous story of Lourdes. Visit Lourdes and experience a spiritual journey, one that many have claimed healing and conversion from.
About Lisieux & Paris
Visit the town of Lisieux, home of St. Therese, whom Pope Pius X called "the greatest saint of modern times". Visit Paris and all its wonderful sights, like the Notre Dame Cathedral and Sacre Coeur, the Eiffel Tower, L'Arc de Triomphe, and drive through the Champs-Elysees. Participate in Mass at Shrine of the Miraculous Medal.
On June 25, 1981, in the mountain village of Medjugorje in Herzegovina, Our Lady allegedly appeared to six children. She identified herself as the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace, and continues to allegedly appear to several of the visionaries. Her mission is to promote peace with God and mankind, through her Son, Jesus. Mary's own words to the children explained, "I have come to tell the world that God exists." 206 Tours has been arranging pilgrimages to Medjugorje since 1985.