Exclusive Pilgrims Only Cruise!
Danube River Cruise Pilgrimage
Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
*206 Tours has reserved the entire ship
*Optional Post Tour to Prague ~ October 10 - 12, 2022 | $1,199.00 (USD)
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- ~ October 2 - 3 | 1 night: Eurostar Grand Hotel, Munich (or similar)
- ~ October 3 - 10 | 7 nights: River Cruise on Amadeus Star
- Accommodations on your selected cabin category
- *C Cabin (172 sq.ft.) this is the standard / default price
- Prague Post Optional tour:
- ~ Oct 10 - 12 | 2 nights - Prague, Old Town Prague MGallery by Sofitel
- Breakfast and dinner in Munich (glass of wine & water with dinner included)
- Full Board during cruise: Riser breakfast buffet, Buffet Breakfast, Lunches Buffet or Table, Afternoon Coffee or Tea, (due to sightseeing schedule Lunch on October 5 will be on your own - On-Board lunch will be available on ship)
- Local Wines and Beer with dinners during cruise
- Welcome cocktails, Welcome dinner, Captains Gala Dinner on cruise, Folklore show on ship
- Sightseeing and Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Port Taxes
- Mass Daily
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Fascinating river cruise in on outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony or drop-down panoramic windows; Walk-out balconies in Suites
- Complimentary state-of-the-art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included (buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack) in the elegant Panorama-Restaurant, which
- accommodates all guests in one seating
- Free-flowing quality red & white wines from Europe's famous wine regions with every dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24-hour complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and nightly music by the Amadeus Duo in the Panorama Bar
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Non-smoking environment (smoking permitted on the Sun Deck)
- All port taxes and local taxes
- Any meals not mentioned, Beverages unless mentioned. Tips to your guide & driver. Items of a personal nature.
- Recommendation: $15 pp per night for the entire crew and $4 pp per night for the Cruise Director on board. Tour escorts during your sightseeing is suggested at $7 per person per day and $5 per person per day for drivers.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Day 1, Saturday, October 1: Departure
Prepare for your departure to your local airport and your overnight flights to Munich.
Day 2, Sunday, October 2: Arrive Munich
Arrive at Munich International Airport. Meet your local professional tour manager and transfer to your hotel. After check in, you will have the remining of he afternoon on your own. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3, Monday, October 3: Munich - Passau
After breakfast you will check out from your hotel. Transfer to the ship for check-in to your cabin which will be your residence for the next 7 nights. Lunch on your own. This evening you will enjoy Welcome Cocktail and Dinner on board. Overnight.
Day 4, Tuesday, October 4: Passau - Walhalla - Regensburg
After breakfast, depart for Walhalla Memorial. This pantheon-like monument on top of a hill commemorates important German sovereigns, scientists and artists. Return to the ship for lunch. After lunch, depart for a visit to the Regensburg Cathedral. We'll see St. Peters Cathedral, one of the most prominent examples of Gothic architecture in Germany. Mass at Alte Kapelle. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight.
Day 5, Wednesday, October 5: Linz: full day excursion to Salzburg and Maria Plain
After breakfast, depart for Salzburg and enjoy a guided tour of the Old Town. View the Hohensalzburg Fortress, Mirabell Gardens and Salzburger Dom. Lunch on your own before departing to the Maria Plain Shrine. Celebrate Mass at Maria Plain Basilica which hosts the miraculous painting of the "Virgin with Child" by an unknown painter. This painting miraculously survived a fire in the Bavarian town of Regen undamaged. Continue on through the lake region of Salzkammergut into Passau and rejoin the ship which will depart to Regensburg. Dinner and overnight. (note: today our full day of touring will not include Lunch. If you should decide to stay on-board, lunch will be available)
Day 6, Thursday, October 6: Melk - Duernstein - Vienna
Today we will visit Melk. Enjoy a guided tour of Melk Abbey. This Baroque style structure is surrounded by a gorgeous town with Renaissance homes and winding streets reminiscent of the Middle Ages. The Abbey is the setting for Umberto Eco's 'The Name of the Rose'. Among the treasures housed here are paintings, sculptures, and decorative art from the 9th to 15th centuries. Celebrate Mass at Melk Abbey and return to the ship. This afternoon you will have option to visit Durnstien on your own. Return to the ship for Dinner and overnight.
Day 7, Friday, October 7: Vienna
After breakfast enjoy a panoramic tour of Vienna's Old Town between the University and Opera House passing major monuments to include Donners' Fountain, Belvedere Palace Gardens, Hofburg Palace, Spanish Horses training place (external visits only), and St. Stephen's Cathedral (exterior view). Celebrate Mass at Votivkirche. Return to the ship for lunch. This afternoon, visit Schonbrunn Palace , the fabulous Baroque summer residence of the Hapsburg Emperors. Here, Marie Antoinette lived as a young girl and the six year old Mozart played for the future Queen inside the Palace. Remainder of the afternoon on your own. Dinner and overnight.
Day 8, Saturday, October 8: Bratislava
After breakfast, depart for a tour of Bratislava. Walking down to the Old Town pass by St. Martin's Cathedral, Michael´s Gate, Academia Istropolitana historical building, Main Square, Primatial (Archbishop in the past) Palace, churches, palaces of famous families, Slovak National Theatre and Bratislava Castle on the hill with a panoramic view on Bratislava (exterior views). Celebrate Mass at St. Martins Church. Return to the ship for lunch. Afterward, depart for the Cerveny Kamen Castle and enjoy a guided tour followed by a wine tasting for you to enjoy before returning to the ship. Dinner and overnight.
Day 9, Sunday, October 9: Budapest - Esztergom - Szentendre - Budapest
Breakfast on-board followed by your departure to Esztergom, a medieval city lying picturesquely on the Danube Bend. We will also visit Szentendre, the charming, ethnic artist colony with its winding lanes, seven aspiring church towers, colorful houses, narrow side streets, genuine Mediterranean ambience and scores of museums, galleries, guest houses and warm restaurants. It is the most frequented tourist destination of the Danube Bend. Return to the ship for lunch. After lunch, depart for a tour of Buda, the upper part of Budapest. Visit the Castle District and see the main attractions of the area: Fisherman's Bastion which takes its name from the guild of fishermen that were responsible for defending this stretch of city walls in the Middle Ages, followed by Matyas Church, a gorgeous Romanesque style church whose Ecclesiastical Art museum houses numerous sacred relics and medieval stone carvings, including replicas of the Hungarian royal crown and coronation jewels. Return to the ship for dinner and a folklore show this evening.
Day 10, Monday, October 10: Disembarkation
Prepare for your disembarkation from the ship and transfer to Budapest airport for your return flights home.
Post Optional Tour to Prague:
Day 10, Monday, October 10: Disembarkation
After heartfelt goodbyes to your fellow pilgrims who return home today, prepare to disembark the ship that you've called home for the last week, and depart for Prague. Enjoy a warm welcome to Prague, be escorted to your hotel. Enjoy some free time before celebrating Mass and enjoying dinner. Overnight at the gorgeous Century Old Town Prague MGallery hotel.
Day 11, Tuesday, October 11: Prague
After breakfast at your hotel enjoy a guided tour of Prague, including visit to the Loreto Sanctuary, a lavish Baroque pilgrimage site, home of the Santa Casa, a replica of Mary house. Our visit includes the cloister and the treasury. Continue to the castle district, Hradcany. Visit St. Vitus' Cathedral, used for the inauguration of Presidents and where you can find the tomb of St. Wenceslas and former rulers of the Czech Kingdom. Pass the Basilica of St. George to visit Prague Castle. Lunch on your own. Following lunch we visit the Church of Our Lady Victorious, home of the famous Child Jesus statue called the Infant Jesus of Prague. The statue, a 16th-century depiction of infant Jesus holding a globus cruciger, (an orb and cross), was donated to the Carmelite friars in 1628. Next, take a tour of Old Town Prague including the Church of St. Nicholas and the Charles Bridge. Explore on your own before reunited with the group for dinner at your hotel.
Day 12, Wednesday, October 12: Departure
After cruising the Danube, visiting over a dozen cities, and creating lasting memories with you fellow pilgrims in some of Europe's most beautiful holy sites, prepare to return home with a renewed connection to your faith! Your tour escort will transfer you to the airport for your return flight(s).
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
On this Danube River Cruise Pilgrimage, spend eight nights discovering Europe’s rich history and Catholic roots. Celebrate Mass daily led by a Catholic Priest who will also be available for reconciliation and Spiritual Activities for the duration of your trip. Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Explore beautiful cities like Budapest, Vienna, Linz, Passua, and more – all from the comfort of your luxury river cruise ship!