Cruising the Danube Pilgrimage
Visiting Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany
September 25 – October 4, 2021
*Optional Post Tour to Prague ~ October 4 - 6, 2021 | $1,199 Per Person
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- ~ 1 ni: Budapest; Eurostar Danube Hotel
- ~ 7 ni: River Cruise on Amadeus Silver II
- Accommodations on your selected cabin category
- * C Cabin (172 sq.ft.) this is the standard / default price
- ~ B Cabin (188 sq.ft.) with drop-down panoramic window
- ~ A Cabin (188 sq.ft.) with drop-down panoramic window
- ~ Amadeus Suite (284 sq.ft.) with walk-out exterior balcony
- Breakfast and dinner in Budapest with wine and water
- Full Board during cruise: Early Riser breakfast buffet, Buffet Breakfast, Lunches Buffet or Table, Afternoon Coffee or Tea, (due to sightseeing schedule Lunch on October 2 will be on your own – On-Board lunch will be available on ship)
- Local Wines and Beer with dinners during cruise
- Welcome cocktails, Welcome dinner, Captains Gala Dinner on cruise, Folklore show on ship
- Sightseeing and Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Port Taxes
- Mass Daily
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Beverages, Lunches as noted. Insurances: etc
- Recommendation: $15 pp per night for the entire crew and $4 pp per night for the Cruise Director on board. Tour escorts during your sightseeing is suggested at $7 per person per day and $5 per person per day for drivers.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Day 1, Sat, Sep 25, Departure
Prepare for your departure to your local airport and your overnight flights to Budapest.
Day 2, Sun, Sep 26, Arrive Budapest
Arrive at Budapest International Airport. Meet your local professional tour manager and transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Budapest.
Day 3, Mon, Sep 27, Budapest
After breakfast, depart for a tour of Buda, the upper part of Budapest. Visit the Castle District and see the main attractions of the area: Fisherman’s Bastion which takes its name from the guild of fishermen that were responsible for defending this stretch of city walls in the Middle Ages, followed by Matyás Church, a gorgeous Romanesque style church whose Ecclesiastical Art museum houses numerous sacred relics and medieval stone carvings, including replicas of the Hungarian royal crown and coronation jewels. Celebrate Holy Mass at Matyas Church. Lunch on your own to experience the Grand Bazaar and the coffee shops and restaurants offering local delicacies! You’ll be transferred to the ship and check-in to your cabin which will be your residence for the next 7 nights. Enjoy a folklore show on board prior to dinner. Overnight.
Day 4, Tue, Sep 28, Budapest – Szentendre – Esztergom – Budapest
Breakfast on-board followed by your departure to Esztergom, a medieval city lying picturesquely on the Danube Bend. En route stop in Szentendre, the charming, ethnic artist colony with its winding lanes, seven aspiring church towers, colorful houses, narrow side streets, genuine Mediterranean ambience and scores of museums, galleries, guest houses and warm restaurants. It is the most frequented tourist destination of the Danube Bend. Return to the ship for lunch. We’ll sail to Esztergom and enjoy a visit to this medieval city. Mass at Esztergom Basilica followed by time on your own. We’ll return to the ship for dinner and overnight before departing for Bratislava. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5, Wed, Sep 29, Bratislava
After breakfast, depart for a tour of Bratislava. Walking down to the Old Town pass by St. Martin's Cathedral, Michael´s Gate, Academia Istropolitana historical building, Main Square, Primatial (Archbishop in the past) Palace, churches, palaces of famous families, Slovak National Theatre and Bratislava Castle on the hill with a panoramic view on Bratislava (exterior views). Celebrate Mass at St. Martins Church. Return to the ship for lunch . Afterward, depart for the Cerveny Kamen Castle and enjoy a guided tour followed by a wine tasting for you to enjoy before returning to the ship. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6, Thu, Sep 30, Vienna
After breakfast depart for Mass at Votivkirche. Afterward, visit Schonbrunn Palace , the fabulous Baroque summer residence of the Hapsburg Emperors. Here, Marie Antoinette lived as a young girl and the six year old Mozart played for the future Queen inside the Palace. Later, enjoy a panoramic tour of Vienna’s Old Town between the University and Opera House passing major monuments to include Donners′ Fountain, Belvedere Palace Gardens, Hofburg Palace, Spanish Horses training place (external visits only), and St. Stephen′s Cathedral (exterior view). Return to the ship for lunch or stay in the city on your own. Dinner and overnight.
Day 7, Fri, Oct 1, Vienna – Duernstein - Melk
After breakfast visit Durnstien on your own. Return to the ship for lunch and sailing to Melk. Enjoy a guided tour of Melk Abbey. This Baroque style structure is surrounded by a gorgeous town with Renaissance homes and winding streets reminiscent of the Middle Ages. The Abbey is the setting for Umberto Eco′s ′The Name of the Rose′. Among the treasures housed here are paintings, sculptures, and decorative art from the 9th to 15th centuries. Celebrate Mass at Melk Abbey and return to the ship. Dinner and overnight.
Day 8, Sat, Oct 2, Linz: full day excursion to Salzburg and Maria Plain
After breakfast, depart for Salzburg and enjoy a guided tour of the Old Town. View the Hohensalzburg Fortress, Mirabell Gardens and Salzburger Dom. Lunch on your own before departing to the Maria Plain Shrine. Celebrate Mass at Maria Plain Basilica which hosts the miraculous painting of the "Virgin with Child" by an unknown painter. This painting miraculously survived a fire in the Bavarian town of Regen undamaged. Continue on through the lake region of Salzkammergut into Passau and rejoin the ship which will depart to Regensburg. Dinner and overnight. (note: today our full day of touring will not include Lunch. If you should decide to stay on-board, lunch will be available)
Day 9, Sun, Oct 3, Regensburg – Walhalla - Passau
After breakfast, depart for a visit to the Regensburg Cathedral. We’ll see St. Peters Cathedral, one of the most prominent examples of Gothic architecture in Germany. Mass at Alte Kapelle. Return to the ship for lunch . After lunch, depart for Walhalla Memorial. This pantheon-like monument on top of a hill commemorates important German sovereigns, scientists and artists. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight.
Day 10, Mon, Oct 4, Departure *OR Optional Extension to Prague!
Prepare for your disembarkation from the ship and transfer to Munch airport for your return flights home
*OR Optional Extension to Prague!.
Optional Post Tour Extension to Prague!
Day 10, Mon, Oct 4, Disembarkation - Cesky Krumlov - Prague
Prepare for your disembarkation from the ship and depart to Cesky Krumlov for Mass. Enjoy 6:30 - 07:30 Breakfast at the ship Cesky Krumlov is one of the Czech Republic’s finest medieval sites. Its Old Town is a UNESCO-designated World Heritage Site, a maze of twisting alleys built around the extensive Cesky Krumlov castle. Wander through the cobblestone streets on foot and soak up the atmosphere of this impeccably preserved medieval gem. The gushing Vltava river, popular with rafting enthusiasts, darts through the town. Continue to Prague for dinner and overnight.
Day 11, Tue, Oct 5, Prague
After breakfast at your hotel enjoy a guided tour of Prague, including visit to the Loreto Sanctuary, a lavish Baroque pilgrimage site, home of the Santa Casa, a replica of Mary house. Our visit includes the cloister and the treasury. Continue to the castle district, Hradcany. Visit St. Vitus’ Cathedral, used for the inauguration of Presidents and where you can find the tomb of St. Wenceslas and former rulers of the Czech Kingdom. Pass the Basilica of St. George to visit Prague Castle. Lunch on your own. Following lunch we visit Prague’s Old Town Prague including the Church of St. Nicholas and the Charles Bridge. Explore on your own before reunited with the group for dinner at your hotel.
Day 12, Wed, Oct 6, Departure
Prepare for your departure to the airport and your return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.