Croatia, Slovenia & Venice12 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 3 nights: Lapad Hotel, Dubrovnik
- ~ 1 night: Atrium Hotel , Split
- ~ 2 nights: Hotel Jezero, Plitvice
- ~ 2 nights: Park Hotel, Bled
- ~ 2 nights: Bauer Palladio Hotel & SPA, Venice
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast Daily
- 6 Dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver. Items of a personal nature.
Board your overnight transatlantic flights from your hometown. Meals are served on board.
Arrival today at the Dubrovnik airport where you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Afternoon at leisure to relax and become acclimated to a new time zone. Before meeting your fellow travelers and tour director for dinner, you can take a walk to Old Town called the "Pearl of the Adriatic." Dinner and overnight.
This morning enjoy a walking tour of "Old Dubrovnik"; starting with; the Rector's Palace, Bell Tower Clock, Orlando's Column and the Sponza Palace. You will also see the Dominican Monastery and Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy, one of the oldest in the world. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight.
Dubrovnik, excursion to Montenegro
After breakfast, we depart for the Republic of Montenegro. Head towards the mouth of the beautiful Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in Southern Europe. Enjoy a boat ride to Our Lady of the Rocks, one of two islets off the coast of Perast. The Roman Catholic Church is the largest building on the islet, with a museum attached to it. Upon return to the coast, we will stop in Perast, an old charming coastal town. Visit city of Kotor before returning to Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik - Split
After breakfast, depart Dubrovnik and travel north along the spectacular Adriatic coast, past old fishing villages and new resorts, to Split. Enjoy a city tour featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. See the remnants of Split's Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter's Temple, the Peristyle and the Cathedral. Dinner and overnight.
Split -Trogir - Plitvice Lakes
After breakfast, we head north along the coast to Trogir, the center of artistic activities where scholars from around the world gather to study and paint. Our journey continues towards the beautiful Plitvice Lakes National Park. Dinner and overnight in Plitvice.
Today we enjoy Plitvice National Park listed in UNESCO's World Heritage list, with breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder of 16 terraced lakes, surrounded by thickly wooded mountains and lush vegetation. The rest of the day is at leisure. Dinner and overnight.
Plitvice Lakes, Opatija, Postojna to Bled
Return to the coast to the beautiful bay of Kvarner and its popular resort, Opatia. An orientation tour of Opatia will present the highlights of this former Imperial resort city. After your visit here, drive across the border into Slovenia to Postojna Caves, home to one of the largest caves in Europe. Tour the fantastic subterranean world by miniature electric train. Afterwards, continue to Bled for dinner and overnight.
Bled - Ljubljana Excursion
An Alpine lake surrounded by high peaks, Bled was “ discovered: by travelers in the middle of the 19th century. A sightseeing tour features the charming town and the lakeshore, and visits imposing Bled Castle, perched on the cliff high above the lake. Afternoon excursion to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. Here, view the Central open-air Market, Baroque Town Hall, Robba's Fountain, the Three Bridges and the Parliament. Followed by the sightseeing tour of Lake Bled features the charming town with the lakeshore, and imposing Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake. Return to Ljubljana in the evening.
Bled, Trieste to Venice
Leave Bled, driving south to Trieste, Italy for orientation tour and visit to Miramare Castle and its park. Castel was built by Hapsburg Monarchy on the cliff overlooking Adriatic Sea. Then, continue on to the marvelous city of Venice.
Today begins with a walking tour of Venice featuring the major highlights: St. Mark's Square, St. Mark's Basilica, the Doge's Palace, the Bell Tower and the Bridge of Sighs. The tour ends with a visit to a glass blowing factory where you may see the demonstration of a traditional Venetian glass blowing. Balance of the day is at leisure. In the afternoon, enjoy Venice at your own pace, shop or join an optional gondola ride. Farewell dinner at local restaurant.
Venice - USA
After breakfast we drive to Venice airport for your flight home.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Croatia, Solvenia & Venice:
In the “Pearl of the Adriatic” explore Dubrovnik’s Old Town, take an excursion to the Republic of Montenegro, witness the breathtaking beauty of the deepest fjord in Southern Europe, tour Lady of the Rocks and the charming coastal town of Perast. Head north towards Split to discover the town of Trogir where many artists come to study and paint before continuing to the beautiful Plitvice Lakes National Park. In Slovenia tour one of Europe’s largest caves, the Postojna Caves via an underground electric train, take in gorgeous Lake Bled, and experience the city of Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital. In Venice visit St. Mark’s Basilica, observe the art of glass blowing and tour landmarks like the Doge’s Palace, the Bell Tower, and the Bridge of Sights.