Classical Egypt with Nile Cruise9 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally Located First Class Hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 2 nights: Conrad, Cairo, Egypt
- ~ 4 nights: Sonesta Star of Luxor Cruise
- ~ 1 night: Conrad, Cairo, Egypt
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Buffet breakfast at your hotels
- Dinner daily at your hotels or local restaurants
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Free Wi-Fi on motor coach in Egypt
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Egypt Visa fee of $25.00 (U.S. Citizens: Visas will be obtained at the border. Non-U.S. citizens: please contact the Egyptian Embassy)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Meals and Beverages not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver
Depart from the U.S.
Your life changing journey begins this evening as you board your overnight flight to Cairo, Egypt. Meals will be served on board.
We arrive in the land of the Pharaohs, Jacob, Joseph and Israel during the famine! Upon arrival at the airport we meet our guide and are immediately transported into Cairo, the capital of Egypt. We transfer to our hotel to settle in and start soaking up the atmosphere of this exciting city.
Breakfast and a full day of touring the wonders of the ancient world, some of which date back to 1000+ years prior to Abraham. We spend time at one of the seven wonders of the world- the pyramids. Cheops, with an original height of 496 feet, is the most colossal pyramid ever built. Today, we will also see the Sphinx and tour the Egyptian Museum, location of Tutankhamen's treasures and ancient remains.
Transfer to Aswan
This morning after breakfast we transfer to the airport for our flight to the modern city of Aswan. Upon arrival we take time to visit the High Dam, built from 1960 - 1971 and is a major factor in Egypt’s agricultural success. We then also spend time at Philae Temple on the Isi-Island. This complex was moved from up river due to the impending destruction upon the completion of the High Dam. For those who wish to participate a visit is available this afternoon to Abu Simbel, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the "Nubian Monuments." Our Egyptologist guide discusses the relevance of this spectacular site from Egyptian history. We will also try to put in perspective the long history of Egypt. Here we visit the massive temple of Pharaoh Rameses II, perhaps the greatest builder of temples in ancient Egypt (13th Century BC) and a second one of Queen Nafertari, Rameses's most beloved wife. For those who do not participate on the trip to Abu Simbel, Free Time is available in Aswan followed by a Felucca ride around the Agh Khan Mausoleum. Late this afternoon we embark on our cruise ship and head south to Kom Umbo. We have dinner and overnight on board.
Kom Ombo, Edfu
Breakfast is served on board before traveling to visit the remains of Kom Ombo Temple, situated on the riverside. Unlike most, this temple is dedicated to two gods - the crocodile god of Sebek and the solar god of war, Horus the Great. We spend time here before continuing on to Edfu, the location of one of the best preserved Egyptian Temples. After time for visit we continue through the Esna Lock to Luxor. We have dinner and overnight on board.
Esna to Luxor, Karnak
After breakfast our travels continue to Luxor. Upon arrive in Luxor we have free time for lunch before visiting the Temple of Karnak (temple of the New Kingdom period) and the East Bank of the Nile. It was during this period that the bondage and Exodus occurred. Karnak second to Giza’s Pyramids, is one of Egypt’s most important Pharaonic sites. We visit the famous Temple of Luxor, which was founded in the reign of Amenhotep III, grandson of the pharaoh of the Exodus. Re-board our ship for dinner and overnight.
Valley of the Kings
This morning we visit the Valley of the Kings (where many ancient pharaohs were buried) and the famous Temple of Hatshepsut, the princess who perhaps pulled baby Moses out of the Nile River. This temple may have been designed by Moses. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast and flight back to Cairo. We enjoy a short ride to Memphis. Founded around 3,100 BC, Memphis is the legendary city of Menes, the King who united Upper and Lower Egypt. From a Biblical perspective, Memphis is most likely where Abraham lied to Pharaoh about his wife Sarah being his sister and where Joseph served as second in command. While in Memphis we will view a very large and well preserved statue of Ramses II. Next is Sakkara, which is one of the most extensive archaeological sites in Egypt! Sakkara is dominated by the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, dating back to 2700 BC. It is one of the oldest stone structures in the world! Enjoy a stop to see how local Egyptian carpets are made before a short drive to the south finds us in Faiyum, the region created by the divinely inspired wisdom of Joseph. Here you will find ancient storehouses and a man-made lake created by a canal, whose construction was ordered by Joseph. It was this lake that provided irrigation for a desert land and supplied the food needed to survive his prophesied seven year famine. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast and transfer to the airport for our outbound / extension flight or continue onto Jordan and Israel Tour 158.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
Special Clergy Discount
A Clergy Discount is available to all members of “Clergy” within the Catholic Church. This includes Seminarians, Deacons, Brothers and Sisters, Priests, Monsignors, Bishops, Cardinals, and His Holiness.Click Here to learn more!
About your trip
On this incredible Pilgrimage to Egypt, visit several wonders of the world like, the pyramids dating back to 1,000 years before the life of Abraham, and the Sphinx. Experience a new culture in ancient and modern cities that will take your breath away like Cairo and Giza!