"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Medjugorje Pilgrimage9 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- 7 Nights: Modern Pansion/Hotel, Medjugorje in double occupancy
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of local guide throughout
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily (English at 10:00am & Croatian at 6:00pm)
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Meeting with visionaries (Pending availability)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver
Day 1: Depart for Medjugorje
Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals will be served on board.
Day 2: Arrive Medjugorje
Upon arrival in Europe, change gates to board your short connection flight to either: Dubrovnik, Split, or Sarajevo airport. Upon arrival, collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the arrival's hall, where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver, who will take you on the 2.5 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the evening.
Days 3 - 8: Experiencing Medjugorje
The most beautiful features of Medjugorje are its simplicity and peace. While in Medjugorje, you will have the opportunity to deepen your faith and share in the spiritual journey of pilgrims from all over the world. A local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village.
Some activities that will accompany you in your spiritual journey:
Attend Daily Mass: Each morning at 10:00 AM, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Holy Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of religious articles for pilgrims.
Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At the base of this hill is a Blue Cross where Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the apparitions. Mirjana also had public apparitions at this holy site on the second of every month. While climbing to the top of Apparition Hill, pilgrims are invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times to pray each decade of the Rosary in front of huge bronze reliefs depicting each mystery. At the top of the hill, there is a statue of Our Lady in the exact location of her first apparition. Enjoy private time for prayer in this holy place.
Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the Medjugorje villagers built a 30-foot high cross atop the mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. You will have the opportunity to climb this mountain and venerate that very cross. While climbing, pilgrims pray the Stations of the Cross to meditate on Jesus' suffering, pausing fourteen times for each station at the huge bronze reliefs. Take private time at the top of the mountain in front of the cross, for prayer in this holy place.
Apparitions: Each evening at 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM (depending on daylight savings time), your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary, as all await the arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries at 5:40 PM (6:40 PM during Daylight Savings Time). Afterwards, you can stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. In response to her call, pilgrims will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the altar outside of St. James Church. Adoration is on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church, where Adoration is held in the afternoon hours. Eucharistic Adoration is one of the most memorable experiences in Medjugorje. God’s grace is so tangible, one feels as though they can reach out and touch the Holy Spirit. During the service, the outside altar is surrounded by several thousand pilgrims and locals, as everyone rests in deep prayer.
Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes.
Visit the Community of Cenacolo: Pilgrims will have the opportunity to visit the Community of Cenacolo, founded by Sr. Elvira Petrozzi, for young men and women who have taken the wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational testimonies about their journeys back to Jesus Christ.
Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ, located on the grounds of St. James Church. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water out of Christ's right knee. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this statue.
Visit to Tihaljina: Just 20 miles from Medjugorje, you will visit the Immaculate Conception Parish Church, which contains the Our Lady of Grace statue so many pilgrims associate with Medjugorje. Here you will have a private mass for your group and time for prayer.
Visit to Široki Brijeg: Only 18 miles from Medjugorje, you will go to Široki Brijeg after visiting Tihajlina. Here you will visit the Franciscan friary of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This is where on the February 7th, 1945, thirty Franciscan friars were executed for refusing to renounce their faith. Fr Jozo Zovko, the parish priest who was in Medjugorje when the apparitions began, was stationed here as guardian for many years and received thousands of pilgrims at this church.
Day 9: Medjugorje - Home
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, you will leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik, Split or Sarajevo Airport for your return flight(s) home.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.