"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Medjugorje Pilgrimage9 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- 7 Nights: Modern Pansion/Hotel, Medjugorje
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of local guide throughout
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities (English at 10:00am & Croatian at 6:00pm)
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Meeting with visionaries (Pending availability)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver
Day 1: Depart for Medjugorje
Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals will be served on board.
Day 2: Arrive Medjugorje
Upon arrival in Europe, change gates to board your short connection flight to either: Dubrovnik, Split, or Sarajevo airport. Upon arrival, collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the arrival's hall, where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver, who will take you on the 2.5-hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the evening.
Days 3 - 8: Experiencing Medjugorje
The most beautiful features of Medjugorje are its simplicity and peace. While in Medjugorje, you may experience your faith grow, and share in the faith journey of pilgrims from all over the world. A local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village. Some activities that will accompany you in your spiritual journey: Attend Daily Mass:Each morning at 10:00 AM, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of religious articles pilgrims can attend. On Feast Days and Sundays: English Mass is at noon. Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At the base of this hill is a Blue Cross, where Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the alleged apparitions. While climbing, pilgrims are invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary. At the top of the hill is the exact location of the first alleged apparition of Our Lady - enjoy private time for prayer in this Holy place. Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30-foot high cross atop the mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. You will have the opportunity to climb this mountain and venerate that very cross. While climbing, pilgrims pray the Stations of the Cross to meditate on Jesus' suffering Road to Calvary, pausing fifteen times for each Station. Apparitions: Each evening at 5 PM or 6 PM (depending on daylight savings time), your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary, as all anxiously await the alleged arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Following the apparition, at 5:40 PM (6:40 PM during Daylight Savings Time), feel free to stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. In response to her call, pilgrims will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the altar outside of St. James Church. Adoration is on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church, where Adoration is held in the afternoon hours. Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes. Visit the Community of Cenacolo: Pilgrims will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Charity, for young men and women who have taken the wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational words about their journeys back to Jesus Christ. Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ, located on the grounds of St. James Church. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day out of Christ's right knee.
Day 9: Medjugorje - Home
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik Airport (Split or Sarajevo) for our return flight(s) home.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!