United States Pilgrimage
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Santa Fe, Chimayo, Acoma Pueblo & Laguna
*Request a Special Group Price for any date (minimum 15)*
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 5 nights: Hyatt Place Santa Fe, Santa Fe
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Continental Breakfast daily
- Dinners Daily
- Wine with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Tips for meals
- Airline Luggage Fees, Lunches, Beverages not mentioned and Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1: Arrive Santa Fe
Upon arrival, meet driver for your transfer to the hotel for check in. Enjoy some free time, this evening meet your group in the lobby of your hotel for a movie, Mass and dinner.
Day 2: Loretto Chapel - Abiquiu (Benedictine Monastery)
Following breakfast at the hotel, our first stop will be at the Loretto Chapel with the Miraculous Staircase of St. Joseph. The Chapel is a former Roman Catholic Church that is now used as a museum. The Sisters of Loretto credited St. Joseph with its construction. It has been the subject of legend, and the circumstances surrounding its construction and its builder were considered miraculous by the Sisters of Loretto. The Miraculous Staircase was built by a mysterious carpenter that no one has ever seen, but Sisters of Loreto claimed that it was St. Joseph. It is said that the entire construction of it is simply "impossible." It was built without any nails or glue, it lacks any central support and according to many, it should have collapsed the very first moment someone used it. We will continue to Abiquiu, a small town located in northern New Mexico. Abiquiu means "wild choke cherry place" in the Tewa language. The community is also called Santo Tomas de Abiquiu and the Pueblo of Santo Tomas de Abiquiu. While here we will visit the Benedictine Monastery of Christ in the Desert. From its beginnings, the monastery has followed the Benedictine life according to the Rule of St. Benedict with no external apostolates. Return to Santa Fe, for dinner at a local restaurant for dinner. Hotel for overnight.
Day 3: Santa Fe (Santuario de Guadalupe, San Miguel Mission and the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assisi)
We will have breakfast at the hotel and proceed to our visit of Cristo Rey Church. Next, we continue to Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi for Mass. The Cathedral of Saint Francis of Assisi was officially elevated to a Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on October 4, 2005. Following Mass, we will enjoy lunch on our own. Then, we will visit and explore San Miguel Mission. San Miguel Mission was established on July 25, 1797, by the Franciscan order. "The Oldest Church" in the continental United States is a site chosen specifically due to the large number of Salinan Indians who inhabited the area, whom the Spanish priests wanted to evangelize. Our group will walk to Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe which is one of the most historic Catholic Shrines in Santa Fe. Upon our return to the hotel, we will stop at the cross of martyrs. Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Santa Fe - Chimayo (El Santuario de Chimayo, Santo Nino Chapel)- Albuquerque (Old Town Tour)
Following breakfast at the hotel, we will proceed to Chimayo for our visit to El Santuario De Chimayo, also known as "the Lourdes of the Americas" and famous for its "Holy Dirt". It is here that we will celebrate Mass and pray beside the "The Shrine of the Lord of Esquipulas" and the hole containing the Holy Dirt. Next, we will visit Santo Nino (Holy Child) Chapel and Our Lady of La Vang statue located outside near the river. Next we travel to Albuquerque. San Felipe de Neri Church. It is a historic Catholic Church built in 1793, one of the oldest surviving buildings in the city and the only building in Old Town proven to date to the Spanish colonial period. We will have a walking tour of the Old Town. The day will conclude with dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Santa Fe (El Rancho de las Golondrinas)
After breakfast at the hotel we will visit El Rancho de las Golondrinas Museum. El Rancho de las Golondrinas strives to maintain examples of life during the period when Spain ruled in the southwestern portion of the North and most of the Central American continent. The museum opened in 1972 and is dedicated to the history, heritage and culture of 18th and 19th Century New Mexico. Guides are dressed in period clothing and demonstrate weaving, hide tanning, milling, blacksmithing and the planting of crops. We will then return to Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis Assisi for Mass. Following Mass, we will enjoy lunch then visit the Georgia O'Keeffe museum commemorating her life. Georgia O'Keeffe was an American artist. She was known for her paintings of enlarged flowers, New York skyscrapers, and New Mexico landscapes. O'Keeffe has been recognized as the "Mother of American Modernism." We will end our time in New Mexico with a walking tour of Santa Fe and farewell dinner.
Day 6: Santa Fe - Return Home
Enjoy your last breakfast at the hotel. Say "farewell" to your fellow pilgrims with new memories. Check out of the hotel and continue to Santa Fe airport for your return flight(s) home.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.