European River Cruise
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Airport Transfers from Airport to Port Round Trip
- ~ 7 nights on AMA Waterways River Cruise (see cruise inclusions)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Accommodation during the cruise
- All gourmet meals onboard (Early Riser Coffee and Croissants, a Rich Buffet Breakfast, a Festive Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea & Coffee with Cake, Cookies & Sandwiches and a Multi-Course Dinner)
- Free Flowing Red and White Wine from the local regions, Beer or Soft Drinks for lunch and dinner
- Complimentary Happy Hour each night before dinner
- Choice of dining options at no additional cost including the main dining salon and an intimate Chefs Table Restaurant where the Chef prepares the meal in person
- Free Coffee, Tea, Ice-Water and Ice-Tea are included all day. Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso can be requested free of charge during all meals! Complimentary coffee & tea station available 24 hours.
- Captain Welcome Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner and Captains Farewell Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner plus several Theme Dinners Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Use of the Heated Swimming Pool (as equipped) on the Sun Deck and the Wellness Center inside including Fitness equipment (free of charge)
- Use of the Bicycles and helmets onboard free of charge
- Complimentary use of the internet onboard (via flat-screen TV & keyboard in each stateroom and wireless in our two lounges)
- Complimentary In Cabin Movies
- Elevator on board operating between 4 different levels: Restaurant (Level 1), Staterooms (Level 2), Lobby and Panorama Lounge (Level 3) and Staterooms (Level 4); (elevator does not go to the lowest deck or Sun deck)
- Nightly Piano Music during tea and coffee
- Our daily shore excursion program during the cruise with English speaking guides. Use of our Quiet vox headsets is also included at no additional cost
- Services of an AMA Waterways professional English Speaking Cruise Director
- Lunches. Beverages unless mentioned.
- Recommendation: EURO 12 pp/ night for the entire crew and EURO 3 pp/ night for the Cruise Director on board. These can be pre paid at USD$130 per person for the 7-night cruise. Telephone in cabin, Optional shore excursions that may be offered in addition to those offered daily.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Itinerary: Amsterdam to Amsterdam
Fri, April 5: Depart USA for your overnight flight to Prague
Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Sat, April 6: Arrive in Amsterdam, the Netherlands – Embarkation
Welcome to Amsterdam, where you’ll board your luxurious river cruise ship.
Sun, April 7: Amsterdam – Hoorn
Enjoy a scenic cruise through the IJsselmeer to Hoorn, where you have a choice of three excursions. Visit a family-run tulip farm with over one million tulips, each in different phases of growth and in many species and colors. For those seeking to travel back in time, you can visit the Dutch East India Museum, providing insight into the Dutch Golden Age between 1500 and 1800. And for more active adventurers, go for a guided bike ride through the Dutch countryside.
Mon, April 8: Middelburg
After enjoying a scenic cruise through the Delta, you can explore medieval Middelburg, which was the second largest trading city of the Dutch East India Company. Or, if you feel like exploring the city on two wheels, a guided bike ride is the perfect choice. Alternatively, you may venture off to the Delta Works storm surge barrier, an impressive series of dams and Dutch hydraulic engineering. More than half of the Netherlands lies below sea level and the Delta Works were built to prevent a recurrence of the 1953 flood disaster.
Tue, April 9: Ghent, Belgium
There are several choices of excursions, depending on your interests. For those who wish to discover two medieval cities, Ghent and Bruges, you’ll wish to go on a highlights tour. Admire Ghent’s canal-side architecture and some of its famous sights, including the Castle of the Counts and Ghent Cathedral, and then visit Bruges, one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. Alternatively, you may go on a full-day excursion to Bruges, which includes a visit to the Church of Our Lady, home to the beautiful Carrara marble Madonna and Child sculpture by Michelangelo. Those more inclined to learn about the art of Belgian chocolatemaking can join a master chocolatier as he shares his insights. And for those who wish to enjoy more free time, join a walking tour of Ghent, followed by leisure time.
Wed, April 10: Antwerp
Explore this trendy city on a walking tour where you’ll see Antwerp’s Steen Castle, Grote Market and Brabo Fountain, along with the UNESCO-designated Cathedral of Our Lady. For a more active exploration of the area, join a guided bike tour. Or you can visit the Rubens House, the former home of the famous 17th-century Flemish Baroque painter. Later in the afternoon, you have a choice of two excursions. Foodies will want to go on a culinary tour to indulge in chocolate, waffles and beer. Flower lovers and gardeners can roam through the Floralia, an annual spring flower show featuring approximately one million bulbs that are handplanted each year by the castle staff.
Thu, April 11: Rotterdam, The Netherlands – Kinderdijk
During the morning, you can go on a walking tour of Rotterdam, nicknamed the "Gateway to Europe,” or visit the charming city of Gouda, known for its delicious cheese. Alternatively, go on an excursion to Delft, known as the home of the painter Johannes Vermeer, Delft Blue earthenware and the Royal House. While here, you’ll visit the Royal Delft Porcelain Factory and Museum. Prefer a more active adventure, then go on a bike ride through Rotterdam and past some of its famous landmarks and architecture. In the afternoon, venture to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk, a lovely village renowned for having the country’s greatest concentration of windmills, all dating from the 18th century.
Fri, April 12: Amsterdam
One of the most impressive public gardens in the world, Keukenhof presents a spectacular display of millions of flowering tulips spread out over 70 acres. Spend time ambling through this legendary garden, open only nine weeks a year and sometimes referred to as the “Garden of Europe.”Later in the day, admire Amsterdam’s historic harbor and canals, where you’ll see beautiful homes lining the water and the fabled Skinny Bridge.
Sat, April 13: Disembarkation – Depart Amsterdam
Disembark the ship and prepare for your flight home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.