European River Cruise
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Airport Transfers from Airport to Port Round Trip
- ~ 7 nights on AMA Waterways River Cruise (see cruise inclusions)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Accommodation during the cruise
- All gourmet meals onboard (Early Riser Coffee and Croissants, a Rich Buffet Breakfast, a Festive Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea & Coffee with Cake, Cookies & Sandwiches and a Multi-Course Dinner)
- Free Flowing Red and White Wine from the local regions, Beer or Soft Drinks for lunch and dinner
- Complimentary Happy Hour each night before dinner
- Choice of dining options at no additional cost including the main dining salon and an intimate Chefs Table Restaurant where the Chef prepares the meal in person
- Free Coffee, Tea, Ice-Water and Ice-Tea are included all day. Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso can be requested free of charge during all meals! Complimentary coffee & tea station available 24 hours.
- Captain Welcome Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner and Captains Farewell Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner plus several Theme Dinners Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Use of the Heated Swimming Pool (as equipped) on the Sun Deck and the Wellness Center inside including Fitness equipment (free of charge)
- Use of the Bicycles and helmets onboard free of charge
- Complimentary use of the internet onboard (via flat-screen TV & keyboard in each stateroom and wireless in our two lounges)
- Complimentary In Cabin Movies
- Elevator on board operating between 4 different levels: Restaurant (Level 1), Staterooms (Level 2), Lobby and Panorama Lounge (Level 3) and Staterooms (Level 4); (elevator does not go to the lowest deck or Sun deck)
- Nightly Piano Music during tea and coffee
- Our daily shore excursion program during the cruise with English speaking guides. Use of our Quiet vox headsets is also included at no additional cost
- Services of an AMA Waterways professional English Speaking Cruise Director
- Lunches. Beverages unless mentioned.
- Recommendation: EURO 12 pp/ night for the entire crew and EURO 3 pp/ night for the Cruise Director on board. These can be pre paid at USD$130 per person for the 7-night cruise. Telephone in cabin, Optional shore excursions that may be offered in addition to those offered daily.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Itinerary: Vilshofen Germany to Budapest, Hungary
Depart USA for your overnight flight to Prague
Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals will be served on board.
Embarkation – Vilshofen, Germany
Embark your cruise in Vilshofen. This evening meet your fellow passengers on board.
Vilshofen – Passau
Explore Vilshofen’s beautiful old town before cruising to Passau, known as the “City of Three Rivers." Join a walking tour or if you prefer to be more active, hike high into the hills for a visit to the “Veste Oberhaus,” Passau’s Castle Hill.
The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a fullday excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the famed Basilica St. Michael and site of the wedding scene in The Sound of Music. Alternatively, you can join a morning walking tour through Linz’s old city center and by the Mozart House; or go on a guided bike tour along the city’s famed “Culture Mile” and the Danube. During the afternoon, you have three more choices of excursions. Choose a half-day in Salzburg or take a scenic drive through the beautiful Austrian Lake District with a stop in St. Wolfgang. You can also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border.
Cruise through the Strudengau and Wachau valleys to Weissenkirchen, gateway to Dürnstein. Once here, you can choose to join a walking tour in Dürnstein along its cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, and then visit Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey. For the more active adventurer, you can opt to hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held, or take a bike ride along the Danube. As an alternative excursion, visit a local apricot grower, where you’ll enjoy the region’s finest apricot treats. Later in the evening, enjoy a special wine tasting of locally grown, world-renowned Riesling and Grüner Veltliner in Weissenkirchen.
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and your city tour showcases them, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace. Your tour concludes in the historic city center with a visit to St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Or if you prefer a more active tour, take a guided bike ride to the Klosterneuburg Monastery. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time to further explore this iconic city.
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city.
*Please Note: Wine Cruise itineraries are modified and will not visit Bratislava. Instead of visiting Bratislava, guests will enjoy visiting the charming winemaking town of Gobelsberg.
Your city tour begins at Budapest’s Great Market Hall, where you’ll discover plenty of delicious food and shopping. Afterwards, you’ll visit both the Buda (hilly) and Pest (flat) sides of the Danube River. You’ll see the 19th-century Chain Bridge, which connects the Buda district with Pest; and the UNESCOdesignated Castle Hill district, which contains some of Budapest’s most important medieval monuments and museums. As an alternative choice, you can hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. Spend your last evening on board cruising past the famed Parliament Building as the city turns on all her dazzling lights.
Budapest – Disembarkation
Disembark the ship as you prepare for your flight home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.