European River Cruise
Iconic Christmas Markets
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Airport Transfers from Airport to Port Round Trip
- ~ 7 nights on AMA Waterways River Cruise (see cruise inclusions)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Accommodation during the cruise
- All gourmet meals onboard (Early Riser Coffee and Croissants, a Rich Buffet Breakfast, a Festive Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea & Coffee with Cake, Cookies & Sandwiches and a Multi-Course Dinner)
- Free Flowing Red and White Wine from the local regions, Beer or Soft Drinks for lunch and dinner
- Complimentary Happy Hour each night before dinner
- Choice of dining options at no additional cost including the main dining salon and an intimate Chefs Table Restaurant where the Chef prepares the meal in person
- Free Coffee, Tea, Ice-Water and Ice-Tea are included all day. Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso can be requested free of charge during all meals! Complimentary coffee & tea station available 24 hours.
- Captain Welcome Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner and Captains Farewell Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner plus several Theme Dinners Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Use of the Heated Swimming Pool (as equipped) on the Sun Deck and the Wellness Center inside including Fitness equipment (free of charge)
- Use of the Bicycles and helmets onboard free of charge
- Complimentary use of the internet onboard (via flat-screen TV & keyboard in each stateroom and wireless in our two lounges)
- Complimentary In Cabin Movies
- Elevator on board operating between 4 different levels: Restaurant (Level 1), Staterooms (Level 2), Lobby and Panorama Lounge (Level 3) and Staterooms (Level 4); (elevator does not go to the lowest deck or Sun deck)
- Nightly Piano Music during tea and coffee
- Our daily shore excursion program during the cruise with English speaking guides. Use of our Quiet vox headsets is also included at no additional cost
- Services of an AMA Waterways professional English Speaking Cruise Director
- Lunches. Beverages unless mentioned.
- Recommendation: EURO 12 pp/ night for the entire crew and EURO 3 pp/ night for the Cruise Director on board. These can be pre paid at USD$130 per person for the 7-night cruise. Telephone in cabin, Optional shore excursions that may be offered in addition to those offered daily.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Itinerary: Vilshofen Germany to Budapest, Hungary
Sat, Dec 7: Depart USA
Depart USA for your overnight flight to Prague. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Sun, Dec 8: Embarkation – Budapest, Hungary
Board the ship in Budapest for your Iconic Christmas Markets cruise.
Mon, Dec 9: Budapest
Home to several UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the Buda Castle quarter in Castle Hill and Heroes’ Square, Budapest offers an unmatched combination of culture and tradition. Your city tour begins with a visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and the Pest (flat) sides of the river. Afterwards, you’ll visit Vörösmarty Square, the oldest and the most spectacular of all the Christmas Markets in Budapest.
Tue, Dec 10: Vienna, Austria
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems just waiting to be discovered. Join a tour showcasing its regal splendors, such as the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center. Afterwards, you’ll visit the Rathaus (Town Hall) Christmas Market. If you prefer a more active adventure, then join a guided bike ride to Klosterneuburg Abbey. During the afternoon, visit the Schönbrunn Palace with a giant sparkling Christmas tree. This market presents a glittering and stellar Christmas experience. Cap the day off with “Vienna by Night” Christmas Markets at the beautifully decorated Maria Theresaplatz Christmas Market, set amongst the world-renowned sights of Vienna’s majestic Ringstrasse, and at the illuminated Rathaus, Vienna’s largest Christmas Market.
Wed, Dec 11: Melk
High on a rocky outcrop lies the Melk Abbey, one of Europe’s most revered Baroque monasteries. Visit this magnificent Benedictine Abbey, which now houses a museum chronicling its history and a famous library with countless medieval manuscripts. Alternatively, go on a guided bike ride around Melk.
Thu, Dec 12: Passau, Germany
Join a walking tour of this 2,000-year-old city, noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s. Go in search of Bavarian-style crafts at the Christmas Market. Alternatively, you can travel through the serene Austrian Alps to Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart. Your full-day excursion in Salzburg includes a walking tour of the UNESCO-designated Old Town, its magnificent cathedral and its Christmas Markets, including the Hellbrunn Palace, where its inner courtyard is turned into a romantic backdrop for one of the most beautiful Christmas Markets in Austria. For the active adventurer, join a guided bike tour along the Danube.
Fri, Dec 13: Regensburg
Regensburg is one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Join a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria, before visiting the Old Town Christmas Market. As an alternate option, sample some of Bavaria’s specialties—beer, sausage and pretzels. Or bike to the base of Walhalla where there is a neoclassical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens. Later in the day, you’ll be treated to one of Bavaria’s most beautiful and romantic Christmas Markets at Thurn and Taxis, where you can watch artisans make their unique arts and crafts.
Sat, Dec 14: Nuremberg
Enjoy a scenic morning cruise as the ship crosses the Continental Divide via the Main- Danube Canal to Nuremberg. Join a city tour of WWII highlights and then walk through Nuremberg’s cobblestone streets to the Imperial Castle and 900-year-old city ramparts. Alternatively, you can taste your way through the city with a Franconian specialties tour, which introduces you to bratwurst, rotbier (red beer) and lebkuchen (gingerbread). Later, you can visit Nuremberg’s Christkindlesmarkt, one of the world’s largest and most famous Christmas Markets.
Sun, Dec 15: Nuremberg – Disembarkation
Disembark the ship and bid farewell to Nuremberg as you prepare for your flight home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.