United States Pilgrimage
Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption & San Francisco Area
San Francisco · Sonoma County · Mission San Juan Bautista · Carmel by the Sea · Mission San Luis Obispo · Old Mission Santa Barbara · Los Angeles · Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels · Hollywood · Garden Grove · San Juan Capistrano · Mission San Luis Rey · San Diego · Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 2 nights: Hyatt Place Fremont (San Francisco Outskirt)
- ~ 1 night: The Kinney, San Luis Obispo
- ~ 3 nights: Courtyard by Marriott Hawthorne (Los Angeles Outskirt)
- ~ 2 nights: Best Western Seven Seas, San Diego
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Tips for Hotels and restaurants
- Airline Luggage Fees, Lunches, Beverages not mentioned and Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1: Arrive San Francisco
Upon arrival, meet your tour escort for your transfer to the hotel for check in. Enjoy some free time, before we embark on our panoramic city sightseeing tour including the Civic Center, Opera House, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Japanese Tea Garden and the Presidio. We will celebrate Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption. The Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption is the principal church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco, the existing Cathedral is the third bearing this name. The first still stands and is now known as Old St. Mary's and the second was destroyed by fire in 1962. After Mass, we will return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: San Francisco - Sonoma County - San Francisco
Following a full breakfast at the hotel, we will proceed to La Porziuncola Nuova, a scaled replica of Saint Francis's Porziuncola in Assisi, Italy, was dedicated in San Francisco on September 27, 2008 by Cardinal William J. Levada, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Porziuncola means "small portion of land" and refers to the Benedictine chapel Saint Francis restored when he was a young man. Next, the famed Sonoma Wine Region and Marin County area by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. We will visit the Mission San Francisco Solano, which is nestled in the wine country 40 miles north of San Francisco and across from the site of the Bear Flag Revolt of 1846. We will celebrate Mass at Mission San Francisco Solano and enjoy some free time for prayer and reflection. We then return to San Francisco for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Mission San Juan Bautista - Carmel by the Sea -Mission San Luis Obispo
After breakfast, we will celebrate Mass at National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi. It is here that the relics of Saint Francis, Saint Clare, and Saint Anthony of Padua are contained. Following Mass, depart San Francisco for visit of Mission San Juan Bautista also known as "Mission of Music." While here we will view the only remaining original Spanish Plaza, surrounded by 30 buildings including the original adobe manjerio (nunnery). Next, we will enjoy drive to Carmel by the Sea and stop for tour of Folktale Winery and Vineyards which will include tasting of six wines. We continue with a visit of San Carlos Borromeo Mission in Carmel, where St. Junipero Serra is entombed beneath the sanctuary of this church. We end the day in San Luis Obispo where we will have dinner and retire for the evening.
Day 4: Mission San Luis Obispo - Old Mission Santa Barbara - Los Angeles
After breakfast, we will start our day with a guided tour of the beautiful church, gardens, school and museum that holds a collection of its artifacts at San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Mission. We will have lunch en route to Santa Barbara, a spectacular Southern California coastal community. In Santa Barbara, we will participate in a private guided tour of Old Mission Santa Barbara and celebrate Mass. Mission Santa Barbara's namesake comes from the story of Saint Barbara, a girl who was beheaded by her father for following the Christian Faith. We will continue on to Los Angeles for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels and Hollywood
After full breakfast at hotel we will celebrate Mass and partake in a private tour at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels. The Cathedral is widely known for enshrining the relics of Saint Vibiana and piece of the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Continue with the tour of Beverly Hills and Hollywood, including TLC Chinese Theatre, the Walk of Fame, Avenue of the Stars, Sunset and Wilshire Boulevards. Dinner will be at a local restaurant. Return to the hotel for overnight.
Day 6: Los Angeles - Garden Grove - Los Angeles
Following breakfast at the hotel, we will transfer to Garden Grove/ Orange County for visit and Mass celebration at Christ Cathedral (the former Crystal Cathedral) which is now the home of the diocese. We will be touring its stunning facade and the magnificent gardens that surround it. Continue on to visit the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles. The way of life of the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles is rooted in the Gospel, and in the Carmelite spirituality of St. Teresa of Avila. "Carmel" means enclosed garden in which God Himself dwells. The divine indwelling in the soul is the foundation of Teresa's doctrine. Then visit the Mission San Fernando Rey de Espana. We will conclude the evening with dinner and overnight.
*Due to an unfortunate fire that took place at the Mission of St. Gabriel Archangel, pilgrims will not have the opportunity to enter this site.
Day 7: San Juan Capistrano - Mission San Luis Rey - San Diego
Following breakfast at hotel, depart Los Angeles for San Juan Capistrano. Welcome to the "Jewel of the Missions"! Enjoy lunch, on your own, at a local restaurant and stop for some relaxation time at Dana Point. Continue to Oceanside and celebrate Mass at Mission San Luis Rey, also known as the "King of the Missions." This mission is named for St. Louis who led the crusades to regain the Holy Land for Christ. Next, we will make our way to San Diego for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala
Today, after breakfast, we will explore San Diego. We will drive through Mission Bay Park and see Balboa Park. Celebrate Mass at Mission San Diego de Alcala, the "Mother of the California Missions". This afternoon, enjoy some free time to relax, pray or explore San Diego. Tonight, we enjoy our last night with a farewell dinner at local restaurant.
Day 9: Return back home
With a renewed sense of pilgrimage and an invigorated love of our Catholic faith, we bid farewell to our fellow pilgrims. Transfer to the airport for your return flight(s) home.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.