Cruising the Danube Pilgrimage
Visiting Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
September 24 – October 4, 2021
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- ~ 2 ni: Sep 25-27, Prague: Radisson
- ~ 7 ni: Sep 27-Oct 4, River Cruise on Amadeus Silver II
- Accommodations on your selected cabin category
- * C Cabin (172 sq.ft.) this is the standard / default price
- ~ B Cabin (188 sq.ft.) with drop-down panoramic window
- ~ A Cabin (188 sq.ft.) with drop-down panoramic window
- ~ Amadeus Suite (284 sq.ft.) with walk-out exterior balcony
- Breakfast and dinner in Prague with wine and water
- Full Board during cruise: Early Riser breakfast buffet, Buffet Breakfast, Lunches Buffet or Table, Afternoon Coffee or Tea, (due to sightseeing schedule Lunch on Sep 29 & Oct 2 will be on your own – On-Board lunch will be available on ship)
- Local Wines and Beer with dinners during cruise
- Welcome cocktails, Welcome dinner, Captains Gala Dinner on cruise, Folklore show on ship
- Sightseeing and Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Port Taxes
- Mass Daily
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Beverages, lunches as noted. Insurances: etc
- Recommendation: $15 pp per night for the entire crew and $4 pp per night for the Cruise Director on board. Tour escorts during your sightseeing is suggested at $7 per person per day and $5 per person per day for drivers.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Day 1, Sep 24, Thu, Depart to Prague
Prepare for your departure to your local airport and your overnight flights to Budapest.
Day 2, Sep 25, Fri , Arrive Prague
Arrive at Prague International Airport Meet your local professional tour manager and transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Prague.
Day 3, Sep 26, Sat, Prague
Enjoy a guided tour of Prague, including visit to the Loreto Sanctuary (entrance fee included), a lavish Baroque pilgrimage site, home of the Santa Casa, a replica of Mary house. Our visit includes the cloister and the treasury. Continue to castle district . Visit St. Vitus’ Cathedral (used for the inauguration of Presidents and where you can find the tomb of St. Wenceslas and former rulers of the Czech Kingdom). Pass the Basilica of St. George to visit Prague Castle. Following lunch on your own, we visit Old Town Prague including the Church of St. Nicholas and the Charles Bridge. Have time to explore Prague on your own later in the afternoon. Dinner and overnight in Prague.
Day 4, Sep 27, Sun, Prague – Cesky Krumlov – Passau
Depart Prague to Passau, Germany, where your ship is waiting for you ! Enroute, stop in Cesky Krumlov. After lunch on your own proceed to Passau and board your ship ! Ship departs Passau for Regensburg during dinnertime. Overnight on board.
Day 5, Sep 28, Mon, Regensburg
After breakfast on the ship, board the coach for a visit into Regensburg’s Cathedral. We’llsee the St. Peters Cathedral, one of the most prominent examples of Gothic architecture in Germany. Celebrate Mass at Alte Kapelle, subject to confirmation. Return to the ship for lunch and remain on board, or depart for Walhalla memorial, the pantheon-like monument on top of the hill commemorating important German figures in German history. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight.
Day 6, Sep 29, Tue, Passau: Full day excursion to Salzburg and Maria Plain
After breakfast on the ship depart for Salzburg. Enjoy a guided tour of Salzburg’s Old Town. View the Hohensalzburg Fortress, Mirabell Gardens and Salzburger Dom. (exterior views only)13:00 Enjoy a break for lunch at one of the local restaurants on your own. You may want to try Augustinerkeller Brewery. Depart Salzburg to visit Maria Plain Shrine. Upon arrival celebrate Mass at Maria Plain Basilica hosting the miraculous painting of the "Virgin with Child" by an unknown painter. It miraculously survived a fire in the Bavarian town of Regen undamaged. Board the coach and depart for Passau riding through the picturesque lake region Salzkammergut . Return to the ship for dinner. Your ship departs Linz for Emmersdorf this evening.
Day 7, Sep 30, Wed, Emmersdorf (Melk) – Weissenkirchen - Vienna
After breakfast on the ship depart to Melk Abbey. Enjoy a guided tour of Melk Abbey, the Baroque style structure is surrounded by a gorgeous town with Renaissance homes and winding streets reminiscent of the Middle Ages. The Abbey is the setting for Umberto Eco′s ′The Name of the Rose′. Among the treasures housed here are paintings, sculptures, and decorative art from the 9th to 15th centuries. Mass at Melk Abbey (subject to confirmation) Continue to Weissenkirchen and enjoy a wine tasting. Return to the ship for Lunch. Dinner and overnight
Day 8, Oct 1, Thu, Vienna
Mass at Votivkirch (subject to confirmation). Afterward, visit Schonbrunn Palace, the fabulous Baroque summer residence of the Hapsburg Emperors. Here, Marie-Antoinette lived as a young girl and the six year-old Mozart played for the future Queen inside the Palace. 12:00- 13:30 Panoramic tour of Vienna. Meet our local English speaking guides and enjoy tour of Vienna Old Town between the University and Opera House passing major monuments to include Donners′ Fountain, Belvedere Palace Gardens, Hofburg Palace, Spanish Horses training place (external visits only), and St. Stephen′s Cathedral (exterior view). Return to the ship for lunch or choose to stay in the city. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight. Departure for optional classical music concert (OPTIONAL) Cost to be advised.
Day 9, Oct 2, Fri, Bratislava
After breakfast depart for a city tour and Mass at St. Martins Church (subject to confirmation). Afterward visit Bratislava and walk to the Old Town pass by St. Martin's Cathedral, Michael´s Gate, Academia Istropolitana historical building, Main Square, Primatial (Archbishop in the past) Palace, churches, palaces of famous families, Slovak National Theatre and Bratislava Castle on the hill with a panorama view on Bratislava. Lunch on your own in the city. Depart for the Cerveny Kamen Castle and enjoy a guided tour. Return to the ship for dinner and overnight.
Day 10, Oct 3, Sat, Esztergom – Budapest
Celebrate Mass at Esztergom Basilica and enjoy time on your own to tour the shrine. See the Panoramic views of Esztergom, the medieval city lying picturesquely on the Danube Bend. Continue to Budapest and enjoy lunch on your own at the market. Later we continue our exploration of this beautiful city with a morning tour of the Buda side of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of Budapest passing by Gellert Hill, Visit Mathias Church (entrance fee included), and the Fisherman’s Bastion (entrance fee included). Explore the unbeatable views of the Danube and Pest. Admire St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside view) and Hungary’s ornate Parliament building (outside view) prominently situated on the opposite bank. Continue to tour Pest’sites, Hosok Tere (Heroes Square) is ringed with statues of famous Hungarians. Return to the ship for a folklore show, dinner and overnight.
Day 11, Oct 4, Sun, Budapest Departure
Prepare for your departure to the airport and your flights home with memories for a lifetime!
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
About Legendary Danube River Cruise:
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.