Kentucky Holy Land
& Bourbon Country
United States Pilgrimage
Louisville · Trappist · Bardstown · Loretto · Marion County · Lebanon · Saint Catharine · Washington County · Springfield · Clermont · Bullitt County · Owensboro · Versailles · Woodford County
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 5 nights: Hilton Garden Inn, Louisville Mall of St. Matthews
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Full Breakfast daily
- Dinners daily at local restaurants
- Wine with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Tips for meals
- Luggage Fees, Lunches and Beverages not mentioned, Individual transfers, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1: Arrive in Louisville
Today you will arrive in Louisville, Kentucky, to begin your Kentucky Holy Land pilgrimage! This area of Kentucky has a rich and fascinating Catholic history. Check in at the hotel, and prior to dinner, gather with your fellow pilgrims in the hotel lobby for a "meet and greet," and then depart for Mass at a local Church or attend private Mass said by your priest/spiritual director at the hotel. Following Mass, you will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. Then return for a restful overnight at your Louisville hotel.
Day 2: Louisville - Bardstown - Louisville
This morning after a full breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for a visit to the 1792 Bourbon Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky and your first tour and bourbon tasting of the pilgrimage. Next you will enjoy lunch in a local restaurant in Bardstown. Following lunch, you will travel to the Bishop Flaget Log House and St. Thomas Church. Bishop Flaget was the first Bishop of Bardstown, which in 1808 was created as a diocese along with Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. St. Thomas was the first Church the bishop was able to have built when he arrived in the area. Next you'll transfer to Spalding Hall to visit the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History and the Bardstown Historical Museum. Then you will visit and attend Mass at St. Joseph Proto-Cathedral, which is the first Cathedral west of the Alleghany Mountains, whose construction is credited to the leadership of Bishop Flaget. Following Mass in this beautiful and historical Church, you will enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. Restful overnight at your Louisville hotel.
Day 3: Louisville - Loretto - Lebanon- Springfield - Louisville
After breakfast at the hotel, depart for a full day excursion to Loretto, Lebanon, and Springfield. The first stop will be the Sisters of Loretto Motherhouse, then a visit to Holy Cross Church, part of the Catholic settlements from the 18th and 19th centuries. Next, you'll have a tour and tasting at the famed Maker's Mark Distillery. After your visit there, you'll enjoy lunch at a delicious local smokehouse, followed by a visit and private Mass at the beautiful St. Rose Priory Church - a parish continuously staffed by the Dominican Friars since its founding in 1806. Finish today's excursion with a delicious dinner at a local restaurant, followed by a return transfer to your hotel for a restful overnight.
Day 4: Louisville - Clermont - Trappist - Louisville
After breakfast, depart Louisville for Clermont, where you'll have a tour and tasting at the Jim Beam Distillery. Next you'll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a visit to Trappist Abbey of Gethsemani, best known as the monastic home of Thomas Merton. Upon leaving Gethsemani Abbey, you'll travel back to Louisville to visit two Churches in the downtown area, and to attend private Mass with the group. The first Church you will see is St. Boniface Church in downtown Louisville. This parish was established in 1836 for local German Catholics, and is named for St. Boniface, 8th century Apostle to Germany. You'll also visit the Cathedral of the Assumption which is nearby, and is where Bishop Flaget is buried. Following Mass you will have a delicious dinner at a nearby steakhouse, then return to the hotel for overnight.
Day 5: Louisville
This morning, following breakfast at the hotel, depart for morning Mass at a local Church. Today will be a day visiting and tasting at two of the famous Kentucky distilleries located in the city of Louisville - Evan Williams and Angel's Envy. You will have some free time in the afternoon to enjoy the city or relax at the hotel. After a farewell dinner at a top rated local restaurant, you will transfer back to your hotel for overnight.
Day 6: Departure
The morning begins with Mass at the hotel. After Mass, enjoy full breakfast at the hotel, check out and depart for home with lifetime memories of Kentucky Holy Land.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.