Experience the Mysteries of Medjugorje
Visit this beautiful town and historical village in Bosnia and Herzegovina where six young children (now adults) reported to have witnessed visions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, beginning in 1981. The mystical town of Medjugorje has just become an officially authorized pilgrimage by the Vatican in 2019!
Your trip includes
- Anything not mentioned.
Day 1: Depart United States
You Are Now a Pilgrim!
Your pilgrimage begins with an overnight flight to Medjugorje. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board the flight.
Day 2: Arrive in Medjugorje
Your First Mystery: Mass
You will be transported to your hotel to unpack and relax. Celebrate Mass, enjoy dinner and overnight.
Days 3 - 8: Experiencing Medjugorje
Let the Self-Transformation Begin!
The most beautiful features of Medjugorje are its simplicity and peace. A local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village. Some activities that you will enjoy on this pilgrimage are:
• Attending daily mass at St. James Church.
• Climbing Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At the base of this hill is a blue cross, where it is said that Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the reported apparitions.
• Climbing Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30′ high cross atop a mountain to commemorate Jesus’ passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this mountain and venerate this very cross.
• Praying the Rosary: Each evening, your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the rosary, as all anxiously await 6:40 PM, the reported arrival time of Our Lady to the visionaries. Remain at St. James Church and attend the Croatian mass and Blessing of the Sick.
• Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: You will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the altar outside of St. James Church.
• Visiting the Community of Cenacolo: You will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Charity, for young men and women who have taken a wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational words about their journeys back to Jesus Christ.
• Praying at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ is located on the grounds of St. James Church. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day out of Christ’s right knee.
Day 9: Depart Medjugorje
Return Home, Renewed & Refreshed!
Say “zbogom” and revel in the memories as the bus transports you to the airport for your flight home.
*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
About your trip
Medjugorje, located in Bosnia & Herzegovina, is the site of the 1981 Marian Apparitions. On June 24th 1981 six children witnessed the Blessed Virgin Mary on what is now known as Apparition Hill. The apparition of Our Lady had a message of peace for the world, as well as a call to conversion, prayer and fasting. She appeared to them with an infant in their arms and confided several secrets to the children. Some of the children, now adults, continue to witness Our Lady’s apparitions.
Medjugorje is a place of peace and prayer where over 40 million people have visited the now popular Pilgrimage site. In 2018 Pope Francis appointed Archbishop Henryk Hoser the “Apostolic Visitor” to Medjugorje in steps to officially recognize Medjugorje as a sacred Catholic site. On May 13, 2019 the Holy See officially announced that Dioceses and Parishes throughout the world are officially authorized to organize Pilgrimages to Medjugorje.
About the Six Medjugorje Visionaries