Legendary Danube River Cruise
Pilgrimage to Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
Your Trip Includes:
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Airport Transfers from Munich on arrival and Budapest on departure
- ~ 7 nights Jul 13 - 20, AMA Waterways River Cruise (see cruise inclusions)
- Mass daily
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Accommodation during the cruise
- All gourmet meals onboard (Early Riser Coffee and Croissants, a Rich Buffet Breakfast, a Festive Lunch Buffet, Afternoon Tea & Coffee with Cake, Cookies & Sandwiches and a Multi-Course Dinner)
- Free Flowing Red and White Wine from the local regions, Beer or Soft Drinks for lunch and dinner
- Complimentary Happy Hour each night before dinner
- Choice of dining options at no additional cost including the main dining salon and an intimate Chef’s Table Restaurant where the Chef prepares the meal in person
- Free Coffee, Tea, Ice-Water and Ice-Tea are included all day. Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso can be requested free of charge during all meals! Complimentary coffee & tea station available 24 hours.
- Captain’s Welcome Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner and Captains Farewell Champagne Reception and Gala Dinner plus several Theme Dinners
- Bottled water, fluffy bathrobes and slippers are provided free of charge in each cabin
- Use of the Heated Swimming Pool (as equipped) on the Sun Deck and the Wellness Center inside including Fitness equipment (free of charge)
- Use of the Bicycles and helmets onboard free of charge
- Complimentary use of the internet onboard (via flat-screen TV & keyboard in each stateroom and wireless in our two lounges)
- Complimentary In Cabin Movies
- Elevator on board operating between 4 different levels: Restaurant (Level 1), Staterooms (Level 2), Lobby and Panorama Lounge (Level 3) and Staterooms (Level 4); (elevator does not go to the lowest deck or Sun deck)
- Nightly Piano Music during tea and coffee
- Our daily shore excursion program during the cruise with English speaking guides. Use of our Quiet vox headsets is also included at no additional cost.
- Services of our professional English Speaking Cruise Director
- Lunches. Beverages unless mentioned.
- Recommendation: EURO 12 pp/ night for the entire crew and EURO 3 pp/ night for the Cruise Director on board. These can be pre paid at USD$130 per person for the 7-night cruise.
Telephone in cabin, Optional shore excursions that may be offered in addition to those offered daily.
On Cruise: Taxes and gratuities
Itinerary: Vilshofen Germany to Budapest, Hungary
July 13 - Embark Vilshofen
Embark your cruise in Vilshofen. This evening meet your fellow passengers on board.
July 14 - Arrive Vilshofen
Explore Vilshofen’s beautiful old town before cruising to Passau, known as the “City of Three Rivers." Join a walking tour or if you prefer to be more active, hike high into the hills for a visit to the “Veste Oberhaus,” Passau’s Castle Hill.
July 15 - Linz
The ship arrives in Linz where you’ll have several choices of excursions. Opt for a full-day excursion to Salzburg where you’ll tour the historic center, Mirabell Gardens, Residenz Square and the Old Market. En route to Salzburg, stop at Mondsee, home of the famed Basilica St. Michael and site of the wedding scene in “The Sound of Music.” Alternatively, you can join a morning walking tour through Linz's old city center and by the Mozart House; or go on a guided bike tour along the city’s famed “Culture Mile” and the Danube. During the afternoon, you have three more options of excursions. Choose a half-day in Salzburg or take a scenic drive through the beautiful Austrian Lake District with a stop in St. Wolfgang. You can also choose to visit the charming mountain town, Český Krumlov, located just over the Czech-Austrian border.
July 16 - Weissenkirchen - Dürnstein
Cruise to Weissenkirchen, gateway to Dürnstein located in the heart of the Wachau Valley. Once here, you can choose to join a walking tour in Dürnstein along its cobblestone streets to the Baroque Stiftskirche, Dürnstein’s famed church tower, and then visit Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey. For the more active adventurer, hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. As an alternative excursion, visit a local apricot grower, where you’ll enjoy the regions finest apricot treats. Later in the evening, enjoy a special wine tasting of locally grown, world-renowned Riesling and Grüner Veltliner in Weissenkirchen.
July 17 - Vienna
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and you have three ways to discover them. Join a city tour showcasing its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House, St. Stephen's Cathedral and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs before concluding in Vienna’s historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride along the Danube. During the afternoon, you can enjoy leisure time or pedal your way to Klosterneuburg Monastery on a guided cycling tour.
July 18 - Bratislava
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a culinary host to sample traditional Slovakian specialties, as well as learn how to prepare stuffed potato ravioli with an opportunity to taste your own creation. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city.
July 19 - Budapest
Experience Budapest in one of two ways: on a city tour or a hike. Your city tour begins with a visit to the vibrant Great Market Hall brimming with vendors selling everything from food to souvenirs. The remainder of this tour takes you to both the Buda (hilly) and Pest (flat) sides of the river. As an alternative choice, hike up to Castle Hill for breathtaking views of the city below. Spend your last evening on board cruising around the famed Parliament Building as the city turns on all her dazzling lights.
July 20 - Budapest
Disembark the ship as you prepare for your flight home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
Special Clergy Discount
Discount is offered to ordained clergy in the Roman Catholic Church: deacons, priests, or bishops belonging to the diaconate, the presbyterate, or the episcopate, respectively as well, as Catholic Sisters.contact us
About your trip
Framed by rolling hillsides, lush vineyards, and medieval castles, the Danube River has captivated musicians, artists and poets throughout the centuries. Travel to legendary destinations on a 7-night cruise from Vilshofen to Budapest. Explore a 2,000 year-old city, savor Wachau Valley wines, and experience the timeless beauty and fascinating history of Vienna and Budapest. discovery and wonder.