World Meeting of Families
August 20 - 27, 2018
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located hotel: (or similar)
- 6 nights | August 21 - 27: Gresham Hotel, Dublin
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Registration for the World Meeting of Families
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver, Items of a personal nature.
Monday - August 20, 2018 - Depart for Dublin
Depart from your hometown for your overnight flight(s) to Ireland. Meals will be served on board
Tuesday - August 21, 2018 - Arrive Dublin
Cead Mile Failte - Welcome to Ireland! Upon arrival into Dublin you will be
greeted by your tour guide and driver. We will have a panoramic city tour on
both sides of the River Liffey, where we pass by the General Post Office on the
city's main streets, O'Connell Street, Custom House, and Phoenix Park, the
largest city park in Europe. On the other side of the river are Georgian squares
characterized by colorful doors, Grafton Street and Trinity College which is the
oldest university in Ireland, founded in 1592 by Elizabeth I. Time permitting we
visit the ancient library containing over 20,000 manuscripts, among which is the
Book of Kells, a manuscript from the 9th century written by the monks at St.
Colombo's monastery on the island of Iona. Today we will also visit St.
Patrick's Anglican Cathedral, built in 1213. This Gothic Cathedral has a
splendid interior, with some beautiful tombs and monuments. The ornate stained
glass windows can be found in the Chancel. In the afternoon we will transfer to
our hotel for an early dinner and overnight.
*Opening Ceremony at Croke Park
Wednesday - August 22, 2018 - 'Opening Ceremony' of the World Meeting of Families
Following breakfast, we will make our way to attend the first day of the Pastoral
Congress for the World Meeting of Families. Over the next three days, there will
be a series of major panels, workshops, keynote speakers, testimonies and
activities. Each day, the Pastoral Congress will explore themes from The Joy of
Love under a particular heading. After a full day, return to your hotel for
dinner. You will have the evening free to spend at your own leisure.
*Attend the Pastoral Congress: Theme – The Family and Faith
Thursday - August 23, 2018 - World Meeting of Families
Following an early morning breakfast, we will make our way to the location for
the second day of the Pastoral Congress. You will have free time to attend any,
and all, events and lectures that are of interest to you! Return to the Hotel
for dinner, and then have free time in the evening to go for a walk on your own.
*Attend the Pastoral Congress: Theme – The Family and Love
Friday - August 24, 2018 - World Meeting of Families
After breakfast, we will make our way to the location of the final day of
Lectures and Events. You will have free time to attend any, and all, events and
lectures that are of interest to you! Return to the Hotel for dinner, and then
have free time in the evening to go for a walk on your own.
*Attend the Pastoral Congress: Theme – The Family and Hope
Saturday - August 25, 2018 - World Meeting of Families
Make your way to breakfast, and prepare to celebrate one of the most significant
and beautiful events within every World Meeting of Families. Today will be a
spent gathering with pilgrims around the world, and celebrating the gift of
“family”. A cultural celebration will be taking place throughout the day, in the
form of music, dance, song, and prayer. Stories will be given by families
representing the five continents – along with many other activities. Dinner and
*Attend the Festival of Families
Sunday - August 26, 2018 - Closing Ceremony of the World Meeting of Families
Today is an early morning, which will start with breakfast, and then making our
way on foot to the Closing Ceremony (location: TBD.) Starting with a Solemn Mass
in thanksgiving to God, the Holy Trinity, and for the gift of family and for its
sanctification. This Mass will mark the conclusion of the World Meeting of
Families, along with the next Diocese to host the event in conjunction with the
Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life will be announced. This is expected to
be a full day event. Return to the Hotel for your final dinner in Ireland, and a
restful nights sleep.
*Schedule for Closing Ceremony – and – Solemn Eucharistic Celebration
Monday - August 27, 2018 - Depart Dublin
This morning, you will have an early morning breakfast before you make your way to the Airport for your return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
Special Clergy Discount
A Clergy Discount is available to all members of “Clergy” within the Catholic Church. This includes Seminarians, Deacons, Brothers and Sisters, Priests, Monsignors, Bishops, Cardinals, and His Holiness.Click Here to learn more!