"Today dioceses and other institutions can organize official pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
- Archbishop Henrick Hoser, Papal Envoy, December 7, 2017
Rome & Medjugorje12 days
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- One way flight from Rome to Medjugorje
- Centrally located hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 7 nights in a modern Pansion/Hotel with private baths in Medjugorje
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities (English at 10:00am, and Croatian at 6:00pm) in Medjugorje
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Free Wifi (in Medjugorje)
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver.
Depart for Rome
Depart the USA, Canada or other parts of the world, by overnight flight to Rome. Meals will be served on board.
Welcome to Rome, one of the most magnificent and interesting cities in the world, also known as the “Eternal City”! You will be transferred to your hotel. This afternoon our guide will introduce us to our fellow pilgrims and our priest who will be with us for the rest of the journey. We will make our way to Mass, followed by a welcome dinner with wine. This evening we will walk to St. Peter’s Square for Rosary (optional).
Rome: Papal Audience – Trevi Fountain / Piazza Navona – Basilica of St. John the Lateran and St. Mary Major – Holy Steps
Following breakfast, we will make our way to St. Peter’s Square to attend the Papal Audience, led by His Holiness, Pope Francis. (Papal Audience: Is scheduled to take place every Wednesday, pending the schedule of Pope Francis.) Following the audience, we will make our way to the Trevi Fountain built in the 15th Century to mark the ending destination of the Aqua Virgo – a man-made channel erected in 19 B.C or Piazza Navona where at the center: Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi “Fountain of the Four Rivers. After free time for lunch we will visit the Basilica of St. John the Lateran, the Pope’s cathedral church where relics of both Peter and Paul remain under the main altar. It was here that Pope Francis was formally installed as Bishop of Rome. Next we cross the street to see the Holy Staircase which is believed to be a staircase from Pilate’s palace in Jerusalem and brought to Rome by St. Helen in the 4th century. Time permitting we may climb the steps on our knees in memory of Christ’s Passion. Continue to the Basilica of St. Mary Major, the most important and the oldest church dedicated to Our Lady. St. Mary Major contains a relic from the Manger of the infant Jesus. We will celebrate Mass, and then make our way to dinner and overnight.
Rome: St. Peter's Basilica - Vatican Museum - Trevi Fountain - Appian Way - Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls - Catacombs
Following breakfast, we will depart to celebrate Mass in the largest church in Christendom, St Peter's Basilica, built on the site where St Peter was martyred. Unsurpassed in beauty, a monument to the long history of the Catholic Church, to which pilgrims come from around the world, St Peter's is the grandest of the world's churches. Marvel Pieta and Bernini's amazing bronze canopy. Following Mass, we will visit of the Vatican Museums, containing a group of the most impressive edifices with hundreds of galleries filled with art treasures. See awe-inspiring relics, and works of art donated throughout centuries as tributes of faith. We'll cover The Tapestry Gallery, The Raphael Rooms and the most overwhelming Sistine Chapel, Michelangelo's Masterpiece, restored mural of the Last Judgment. The tour ends as we make our way back into St. Peter’s Basilica. Pope Francis visited the tomb of St. Peter, following his elevation, for a visit of devotion that lasted 45 minutes. He is the first Pontiff to visit the necropolis since extensive archaeological excavations were conducted at the ancient site decades ago. We will also visit the tomb of Saint John Paul II located at the Vatican. There will be free time for lunch, and then we will continue on to visit St Paul. Outside the Walls. Continue our tour via the Appian Way -- the oldest road from Roman times--plus the famous Domino Quo Vadis Chapel; see the ancient Baths of Caracalla, Arch of Drusus; Tomb of Celilia Metella, and the catacombs of St Callixtus where the early Christians hid themselves to escape persecution. We will conclude our day and wonderful stay in Rome with dinner at a local restaurant in Rome.
Rome - Medjugorje
After a leisurely morning we depart for Rome Airport for your short flight to Medjugorje. Upon arrival you will find your luggage and exit the baggage claim into the arrivals hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver. You will be escorted to the vehicle which will then take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Dinner before retiring for the evening.
Over the next three days you will experience the beauty and peace of the simple village of Medjugorje. During your stay you will have the opportunity to share your faith with pilgrims from all over the world. Our local guide will accompany you during you today in Medjugorje to help you understand the history and layout of the village. Our guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their own homes, provided that they are in Medjugorje during your trip and pending their availability.
Here are some of the activities you will have the opportunity to experience during the next two days: Each morning at 10:00 am we assemble at St. James Church for the English language Mass (Feast days and Sundays English Mass is at noon).
Follow the path up Apparition Hill where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. Touch and pray before the cross that commemorates the spot where Mary first appeared to the visionaries. Visit and pray at "Blue Cross," which is a place of great healings and graces a very special place at the base of Apparition Hill.
Each evening at 5:00 pm (6:00 pm daylight savings time) we will join the villagers and pilgrims to pray the rosary. The apparition takes place at 5:40 pm (6:40 pm during daylight savings time) and then stay on for Croatian Mass.
Each evening during Croatian Mass there is the Blessing of the Sick and blessing of the items you have with you.
You will have the opportunity to climb Krizevac Mountain where in 1933 the villagers built a 30' high cross on the anniversary of Jesus' crucifixion.
* The balance of your trip in Medjugorje is meant to provide you with time for a personal retreat. As such, your time in Medjugorje is not designed to be a “tour”, but rather to provide you with time to pray, reflect, and explore on your own as you feel called. On arrival, you will have an orientation tour after which a representative of 206 Tours will be available should you have any questions or requests, however, you will not have a guide with you through out your stay. Daily Mass in English, as well as English confessions are available at St. James Church. During your stay in Medjugorje you will have full discretion over how your time is spent, in order to have the fullest spiritual experience possible. If you would prefer our traditional pilgrimage/tour of Medjugorje, we would recommend you consider our Tour #1 (www.206tours.com/tour1) which provides a tour escort and spiritual leader through out your stay.
Medjugorje - USA
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik, Split or Sarajevo for return flights home.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious holidays, national days, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of visits or the missing of certain visit. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, however, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of places to be visited.