Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 2 nights: Hotel Capsis, Thessaloniki, Greece
- ~ 1 night: Hotel Divani, Meteora, Greece
- ~ 1 night: Hotel Amalia or Nafsika Palace, Delphi, Greece
- ~ 2 nights: Hotel Divani Palace, Athens, Greece
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Mass daily & spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver, Items of a personal nature.
Depart for Greece
Make your way to your local airport where you will board your overnight flight(s). Your meals will be served on board.
Arrive Thessaloniki, Greece
Connect flight to Thessaloniki. You will be met and transferred to your hotel. Time to relax, meet your fellow pilgrims, dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Thessaloniki - Phillippi - Kavala - Thessaloniki
Visit Philippi where Paul delivered his first sermon in Europe, sowing the seeds of Christianity. "And from there (He went) to Philippi, which is the leading city of the district of Macedonia and a Roman Colony. We remained in this city some days..." Acts 16:12-18 Here Paul baptized a certain woman named Lydia, the first Christian convert in Europe. The Roman forum, completely excavated, is from after Paul's time. Among the ruins, located on the rocky ledge above the town's main road is the prison where Paul and Silas were thrown. Continue into the modern port city of Kavala, ancient Neapolis, where Paul accompanied by Silas, Luke and Timothy, first set foot in Europe. Dinner and overnight in Thessaloniki.
Thessaloniki - Meteora
Thessaloniki city-tour. Paul preached in Thessaloniki during the winters of 49-50 AD and wrote two epistles to the ancient Thessalonians. See the ramparts of the city, the triumphal Arch of Galerius starting at the Via Egnatia, once a strategic artery of the Roman Empire. Depart for Kalambaka, Meteora Monasteries. Dinner and overnight in Kalambaka.
Meteora - Kalambaka - Delphi
Visit Meteora Monasteries. Among striking scenery, perched on top of huge rocks, that seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless monasteries where you can see exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Continue to Delphi.
Delphi - Athens
Visit Delphi, the center of the ancient world (navel) of the earth, whose prestige extended far beyond the boundaries of the Hellenic world. On the slopes of Mount Parnassus, in a landscape of unparalleled beauty and majesty, lie the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo Phthios. Visit the site and the museum and continue to Athens.“ Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are religious. For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription “ to an unknown God”. What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you…”. Athens, is one of the most glorious cities in the world and the cradle of western civilization as we know it today. Dinner and overnight at our hotel.
Athens - Excursion to Corinth
We will visit the Acropolis to see the ruins of the Parthenon, Erectheum and Propylae. For twenty five centuries, the panorama of this city is dominated by the rock of the Acropolis; we see the ruins of the Parthenon, the Erectheum and the Propylae. Afterwards, we will ascend Mars Hill where Paul spoke to the ancient Athenians about the one and only * God. From here we have an excellent view of the ancient agora; former center of the Athenian public life. We continue for a drive through the city to see the House of Parliament on Syntagma Square, the evzones in their picturesque uniforms guarding the Presidential Palace and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We also see the Library, the University, the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympics of the modern era were held, the temple of the Olympian Zeus and Adrian’s Arch. This afternoon we continue our tour to Ancient Corinth. Here, under the shadow of the towering Acropolis, St. Paul preached and lived for two years. The vigorous and mostly Gentile Church he founded here in 50 AD caused him much grief and prompted him to write, at least, four letters to them. Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla. See the remains of the first century shops, the agora where Paul's trial by Gallio took place, the Fountain of Peirene, Temple of Apollo and the Bema. Return to Athens for dinner and overnight.
Athens - USA
After breakfast depart to Athens airport for return flights to the USA.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious holidays, national days, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of visits or the missing of certain visit. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, however, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of places to be visited.
The benefit of buying the airplane tickets with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured even if your flights are delayed airport / hotel round trip are included no -matter -what
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own you will have to pay in full, at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non refundable, if you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior
- In the very rare event of tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, unlike if your purchase it directly from airline you will not be stuck with a non-refundable ticket fee you
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on reconfirmed by 206 Tours
- 206 Tours will allow you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later
About your trip
About Greece and Saint Paul
The important role that Greece has played in history is widely known; philosophy, the arts, medicine, democracy. But there is also a great page in the history of Christianity: early days of Christianity and the ministry of the Apostle Paul! This amazing man, moved by the Holy Spirit preached "good news" to Jews and Gentiles. Traveling along the major trade routes of the Roman empire and visiting large thriving communities of Asia Minor and Greece his mission was accomplished; Christianity became the biggest religion in the world. Our tours are not just tours; they are an inspiring journey to the actual places where the Apostle Paul lived and preached God's word. Travel with our bible-oriented guides down timeless roads; take time to pray and rejoice in the ancient biblical sites; visit thousand-year-old churches and temples; and encounter a unique spiritual experience that will help you to better understand "The Steps of Paul" selecting bible-oriented guides, incorporating lectures and providing printed material, for people to achieve a deeper understanding of the Apostle Paul and his work.