Oberammergau Passion Play - Main Tour Package - Germany OnlyOBER2020
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located hotels:
- ~ 2 Nights Oberammergau area
- ~ 1 Night Munich
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Catholic Priest available for Spiritual Direction
- Tickets to the Passion Play
- Official Passion Play Program in English
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Beverages, Meals not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver, Items of a personal nature.
USA to Munich, Germany
Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight(s). Your meals will be served on board.
Arrive Munich transfer to Oberammergau (or nearby)
Upon arrival at Munich Airport, make your way to the baggage claim area and collect your luggage. Proceed to the arrival's hall, where you will be greeted by your tour guide and/or driver. Enjoy a picturesque ride through Bavaria arriving at your hotel in Oberammergau (or nearby). Time permitting walk the quaint streets of Oberammergau. The incredible 2,000 Oberammergau citizens are the actual actors, singers, instrumentalists and stage technicians. They are ordinary citizens who lead an everyday life. Later in the afternoon we will celebrate Mass followed by a welcome dinner and overnight.
Oberammergau - Passion Play: Performance Day
After breakfast, we will gather to celebrate Mass. Following a light lunch, we will make our way to the world famous Passion Play Theatre. We will attend the performance of a lifetime, the 42nd Oberammergau Passion Play. Oberammergau's sleepy village springs to life to put on a play that draws the eyes of the world upon it! Be part of the mission of the Passion of Christ, the greatest story ever told and spread the Gospel ! Share His message of faith and love! The Oberammergau Passion Play tells the story of the Passion of Christt, beginning with His entry into the ancient city of Jerusalem, followed by His trial, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. The play is held in a beautiful open air theatre that is praised for its superb acoustics and comfort, and it can accommodate up to 4,500 people.
The Play is approximately five and a half hours long and is performed in two acts.
Act I : 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Intermission: 5:30pm - 7:30pm; enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Act II: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
Oberammergau - Munich
After breakfast, we will depart the Oberammergau area to Munich. Munich is the capital of Bavaria, one of Germany's popular destination. Upon arrival enjoy visiting many of Munich's top sites; Marienplatz with its world famous "Glockenspiel' ; the twin-towered Frauenkirche (the Church of Our Lady), which serves as the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Munich . The Cathedral is widely considered a symbol of Munich. Celebrate Mass followed by free time for lunch and/or shopping. Dinner and overnight.
Return from Munich to your hometown (or continue touring)
Today we fondly say "auf wiedersehen" to Germany, we say farewell to our fellow pilgrims and new friends! Although it's an end of this journey, graces and blessings from our pilgrimage will last a lifetime.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!